Sunday, July 26, 2009

It is all becoming REALITY!

Well, camp is officially over for both me and Holly. Holly got into Birmingham around noon today and leaves for Tampa (her home) tomorrow morning. It has been nice for us to spend the day together debriefing camp, and making plans for the next year of our lives. AAHH! Yes, the reality has finally set in. The "goodbyes" have started, tears come and go, but the excitement and anticipation only increases as we get closer to our departure date!

Holly and I will both be home in Florida for a few weeks before we leave. I will make the long drive to Orlando on Saturday with my dad, who is coming to help me move. The boxes and tubs are already taking over my apartment. I don't think dad knows what he is getting into! woops! I am excited about spending some time with my family and friends before this big transition. I am looking forward to a trip to the beach and some of Nanny's cooking! My extended family is coming in town for my commissioning service on August 16th at my home church, College Park Baptist. This will be a special time for all of us.

The big day has finally been set for August 20th. Holly and I will both fly out of Orlando, make stops in New York and Brussels, and then arrive in Monrovia, Liberia on August 21st around 5:00pm. Whew! Can't wait!

25 DAYS!! 

1 comment: