Monday, August 17, 2009

Commissioning at College Park Baptist Church

Sunday was an amazing day! Friends and family were in town for the weekend, and I was commissioned along with 3 other people from CPBC. My grandmother reminded me that I was the 4th generation to be a member of College Park Baptist Church. This church family has made a huge impact on my life in so many ways. I am very grateful to have grown up in a church that values missions as a top priority. On Sunday I had the honor of being commissioned to Liberia by this amazing church. It was a very special day. I feel so blessed to have family and friends that are so supportive of my calling. 


My step-cousin Katie came from NC! Love her!

My mom and brothers!

My dads side of the family!

It is hard to believe that Holly and I leave in 3 DAYS! We are both very excited. On Sunday, I gave the church several prayer requests that I would like to share with you all as well. 

1. Pray for mine and Holly's health and safety while we are gone.
2. Pray that I will have patience and an open mind to learn in a culture that is very different than what I am used to. 
3. Pray that the Liberian government will remain stable
4. Pray that Christ will be seen in me as I build relationships
5. Pray that God will be the center and focus of all the we say and do.

Thank you so much for all of your love and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment