Friday, September 18, 2009

Computers!


The brand new Mac computers are officially up and running! My class was the first group of elementary students to use the computers yesterday! For some of them, this was their first time to ever use a computer. I am sure you can imagine their faces when they sat down and looked at that huge monitor. It took about 15 minutes for them to learn how to use the mouse, but then they got the hang of it. Earlier in the week I introduced a math game called Fact Dash. We came into the library and played it as a class from my computer, using the projector. Yesterday they got to play it on their own. We were short on time, so only half of them were able to finish. The rest of them will finish early next week. This game was also a great way for me to assess them on their addition. I was so impressed with how well they did. I can't wait to use the computers for more fun projects this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment